b Deadman Wonderland 2-3: I'm onto you, unreliable narrators/characters. I knew that was an act, so it didn't come as a surprise to me as the removed reader privy to revelations closed to the protagonist, so I felt for him at the betrayal, but he threw you for a loop, too, with his reactions. This series is not for the faint of heart, but what could you expect from a maximum security prison theme park? The stakes are high because the deaths of these prisoners are played for the entertainment of the paying masses. The "extras" at the end where the theme park mascots explain how the park works are sickening and perfect for those who like their humor acid black. By the same artist who worked on Eureka7.
b Demon Sacred 1-3: By the author of Jyu-oh-sei (also awesome). She still likes those complicated, mysterious characters with agendas; they help the stories transcend kiddie fare. I am incredibly bummed that I won't get to read the rest of this, what with the Tokyopop implosion. My shelves will feel the black hole where future releases would have been, but I guess my budget will thank me. It's hard to love my budget as much as a good graphic novel, though. It's even harder to explain this series in a way that doesn't make it sound cracktastic. You should just read it. Then we can be bummed about never finding out how it ends together.
b Dogs: Bullets & Carnage 4: Delivers as promised. I had no idea where we left off, but in this series, story is not the main concern.
b Fullmetal Alchemist 24: Oh, my poor heart. The end is near, and then I can finally watch FMA: Brotherhood with a clear conscience.
b Hayate the Combat Butler 14: More snort-inducing otaku references and general silly goofiness.
b High School Debut 12-13 of 13: Woohoo! We have a winner! I'm totally fine with any 13-year-old reading this bit of high-energy shojo fun!
b Hikaru no Go 22: The end is near for this one, too. Sad. Now I want to see the anime.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment