Wednesday, November 9, 2011

What I read in July: Digest Version, Part 3 of 3

b Ôoku: The Inner Chambers 6: The historical dramatic tragedy continues.  It's amazing.

b Otodama 1: When is 2 coming?  Seriously.  I've been waiting for a couple years now.  This is good stuff, and I would like some more, please.

b Rasetsu 9 of 9:  Okay, so volume 8 left us in a place where much of the horror was dawning on us, and anticipation of the final confrontation and how it was going to play out were strangling us.  Did volume 9 live up to the build-up.  Oh, weepingly, yes it did.  Lots of talking and lots of fighting and lots of sad, sweet resolution.  One of my favorite lines, "It was your yearning to be loved that made you weak."  Ouch.  But true in actions, not just words.  This series kind of surprised me in the places it went while dealing with love and strength.

b Sugar Sugar Rune 1-2: Creepy cute with a sweet exterior and a bitter center.  Man, kids can do dumb things even if they're magical and stuff.

b Whistle! 4: Awww, they were so young then.  I love this series; I really do.  I was a bit irritated with the sports sexism in this one, but the argument made sense for their culture.  I just have one thing to say: which team won the World Cup, boys?  Just saying.  Cute shonen soccer adventures ahoy!

b YuYu Hakusho 10: Adrenaline, testosterone, and the springtime of youth!  Or something.  Good times with Yusuke and the gang.  Actually, Yusuke was unconscious through most of this one, which was kind of hilarious.  Sad times with Genkai . . .

No comments: