Saturday, December 31, 2011

What I watched in July: Trigun movie

Oh, Trigun!  How I love you.  Your movie did not change my mind about you because everything that made me crazy the last time I rewatched the series was absent.  I was able to see this on the big screen (!) with some friends visiting town on the last day it played, so I could enjoy the lack of frame-jitter or money-saving shortcuts.  Some voice re-casting made me cringe, but that was really my only complaint. 

The story seemed well built, and the episodic characters were able to be much more fleshed out in the extended run-time.  That great soundtrack music was back, and Vash was there in full, goofy glory.  Oh, thank you, Madhouse and everyone who made this movie even though the show wasn't really huge in Japan.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I think it may be time for another viewing . . .

No comments: