"Most school manga have love triangles, but Flower of Life is the only manga I've read that has a "friend triangle"."Brain vs. Book in an interview with artist/author est em:
. . .
"Meanwhile, Harutaro's father is the world's toughest-looking chicken-sexer. ("Yeah, I examine baby chicks to determine whether they're male or female--that's my job. Japan leads the world in this skill of chicken-sexing…this skill is worthy of national pride!")"
. . .
"Will Sumiko turn out to be the only girl who can stand Maijima? Thankfully, no. She's got much too much self-esteem."
Brain: I find your work to be very different from the standard fare, more nuanced and less focused on the sexual aspects of relationships.
est em: Yes, that’s not really the important part.
Michelle Smith on Tokyo Babylon: "Of course, another theme that begins (I think) in Tokyo Babylon and proceeds to permeate CLAMP’s other works is the idea of “It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye.” Seishiro loses his eye to protect Subaru, and then suddenly eyes are lost or swapping all over the place."
Sean Gaffney: "Bunny Drop 6 is out for what will I’m sure be a smaller but just as dedicated audience of fans who didn’t drop it cold after Volume 5."
Melinda Beasi on Nana: "She’s relevant to my life. Not the life I maybe wish I had, but my actual life."
No comments:
Post a Comment