Thursday, October 15, 2009

Waiting for Tokyopop

Why do I do this to myself? 

I finally read the first volume of the light novel series The Good Witch of the West.  It was good, which is why I'm once again annoyed at Tokyopop (the English language publisher, in theory) for just leaving everybody hanging.  Are they scrapping it (like the excellent Kino's Journey and the interesting Scrapped Princess)?  Is it just on hold until the economy gets less shaky?  Does anyone even know at Tokyopop since they aren't even responding on their own forum or informing their marketing people/sales reps?

I should know better than to start a Tokyopop series since the ones they do finish publishing are often so-so, and the great ones just disappear.  Like many other manga readers who have been with Tokyopop since before they started the 100% authentic manga revolution, I'm trying not to lose all faith in them, but they are making it increasingly hard for fans to care about them because they don't appear to care about their readers, (you know, the ones paying their salaries and stuff).

Thank you for your continued release of 12 Kingdoms, but there's so much more you could be doing.  Be great again, Tokyopop!  Please!

No comments: