I just reread this one, and it's really solid. I feel like I could recommend this to serious manga-reading friends, casual manga-reading friends, mom and dad who don't read manga, friends who don't read manga, and adoption agencies, especially ones that deal with older kids. That's quite the range.
If you haven't heard of it, Bunny Drop is the story of a single man in his 30s who takes in a recently deceased relative's child when no one else in the family will. He was being sort of chivalrous, and he's not prepared for suddenly having a child, but the important thing is that he's willing to do what's necessary and adapt. It's sweet and restrained and awkward and quietly funny. I really don't want to wait for volume 2; I want to read it right now. Way to go, Yen Press, for another fine choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment