Thursday, November 25, 2010

Selections from What I Read in October: Digest Version, Part 1 of 3

October was a busy, melt-down sort of month, but we soldiered on.

  • b 20th Century Boys 10-11: Okay, when this is all over, I will marathon it, and I will enjoy my marathon immensely.  And it will all make sense.
  • b Alive 1: You know, for its premise and activities, this could have been a lot gorier, and I'm glad it's not because I definitely couldn't read it then.
  • b Bokurano Ours 1: That was just as, if not more, brutal the second time through.  Is this Nihilism in manga form?  Am I willing to put myself through an emotional meat grinder to find out if the end is as hopeless as the beginning?  Yes.
  • b Broken Blade 2-3: I like this one.  I am sad I will never find out how it ends for the characters who are still alive.  Who's the real bad guy, and will any of these people ever have the chance to sit down and talk about things and clear up all the lies?  Or will they just keep killing each other and themselves out of ignorance?
  • b Bunny Drop 2: Awwww.  If you read and at all liked Aishiteruze, Baby or Tramps Like Us I suspect you will like this.  You may like it even more because there's no sexual subtext crawling around (at least, not yet).


Look for parts 2 and 3 to come quickly (before December gets here, eek)!

No comments: