"There are many otaku who can appreciate wackiness and excess, but an unsettling majority that I’ve met transform into 'tvtropes academics' whenever they encounter anime that eschews the zany and is unapologetically dramatic. You’ll know these people when you meet them because they call story elements they don’t like plot holes, think categorizing something is the same thing as understanding it, and are generally dismissive without being substantive."
I like this blogger (and not just because I do know those people; note the excellent grammar, helpful explanation and analysis, and clear, intelligent writing).
And then, when I was testing the link above, I saw that he posted about my comment on Twitter. "My blog post about the Rainbow anime is still getting hits. Thanks themooninautumn, you made my day."
Well, you made mine, too. You and the Manga Curmudgeon who sent me your way. Thanks to you both!
No comments:
Post a Comment