Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Selections from What I Read in November: Digest Version, Part 3 of x

Well, I really had quite the month in November.  I must've gotten a lot of exercise.

  • b D.Gray-Man 18-19: Oh, poor Allen.  Trauma upon trauma.  And now, because there are reasons (really excellent reasons), I am starting to warm up to everyone's favorite surly, long-haired, katana-wielding loner.  Poor kid.  And how 'bout them Noah?  Whoa.
  • b Dengeki Daisy 1: Shojo (fantasy) with a mysterious undercurrent in the background.  Goofy characters occasionally flying off the handle in fun ways.  Nice.
  • b Gakuen Alice 12: Yeah, this is the real stuff, the dark, horrific stuff that they excised from the anime.  Pardon me while I get more tissues.  I refuse to like certain people.  I don't care how much they try to make them sympathetic, you hear me?  I refuse. 
  • b Kimi Ni Todoke 5-6:  Mwaaaaaa!  Sooooo cuuuuuuute.  poor Ryu!  (Hilarious quote about the great anime: "Gentle, exceedingly beautiful and thoroughly uplifting, Kimi ni Todoke is a gem of shojo romance with a welcome sequel on the way. Given the phenomenal success of shojo series stateside it's about as likely to be licensed as I am to spontaneously combust." -Carl  Alas.  Probably true.) 
  • b Millenium Prime Minister 4 of 4: Sure.  Okay.  I enjoyed it.  I thought it was going to self-destruct at the end, but it didn't.  Not completely anyway.
  • b Nightschool: Weirn Books 1-4: I'm not going to lie and say the ending didn't disappoint me, but as long as there's more coming and it ends well, I'm not complaining.
  • b Oh My Brother 1-2: Another casualty of CMX.  Very different from the beautiful and melancholy Name of the Flower by the same author, but promising.  It could have been all kinds of creepy, but somehow, it's stayed on the upright side of the line.  Now we'll never know how it ends.
  • b Palette of 12 Secret Colors 6: Awwwwww.  Fun and quirky right up to the end.
  • b Real 9: Pardon me while I swoon.  This is difficult, amazing stuff.
  • b Shaman King 31: Please, Viz, please license the good, thorough, real ending.  Please!

One more chunk to go, and then we're on to December!

Read anything good lately?

No comments: