b Book Girl and the Famished Spirit: Well, that got super creepy. I still like the way each book gives us more insight into the main character's past trauma, and I loved the added info on the family life of the book girl . . .
b D.Gray-Man 15: Creepy violence wrapped up in Gothic art. Pretty/gross.
b Demon Sacred 1
, 4: Why do I keep torturing myself by reading these when I will never get to know what happens next?! Sigh. Because they're that good.
b Dororo 1
1-3: "Nobody is born whole." That's the marketing tagline, and I really like it. The picture of the poor baby Dororo will probably haunt me for a long time. Bummer of an ending, like he just wanted to stop writing it rather than resolve things, but the road trip was worthwhile.
b Gente 3
: It's a book about old guys in glasses, and I've read some reviews where people complain that it's slow. It's set around a restaurant in Italy where all the employees are old guys with glasses: what do you want from it? I find it soothing.
b Goong 10: This is not soothing. Not at all. It's maddening. Now things are so muddled that simply sitting down and speaking honestly can't work. When peoples' reationships get so built on lies, there comes a sort of tipping point. If the author can work things around so that they are able to restore everyone's relationships realistically, I am a fan for life. I just don't see that really being possible here. So why do I keep reading? Maybe it's that everyone's just so miserable that I'd even take an unearned happy ending if I could get one . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment