b Loveless 1-8: Giddy with the news that
VIZ license rescued this series (and will be starting by publishing the unreleased volumes first), I couldn't resist a reread. That was a bad idea. Now I'm still on that cliffhanger, waiting to find out what happens to the friend!
b My Heavenly Hockey Club 4:
More ridiculous antics of the field hockey club that never plays a real game of field hockey. There's travel and hijinks and interruption to people's sleep schedules and probably something you can't unsee because Ai Morinaga is very, very good at that.
b Natsume's Book of Friends 10: Natsume meets up with an old friend, and it doesn't end in total disaster. Then more clashes between Natsume and Nattori. One review I read said they wondered how long they can stay friends. The tension between them is not letting up. It can't be resolved unless one of them changes something fundamental about himself.
b NG Life
2, 7: Oh, Keidai. I like how this series holds up for repeated readings. Still funny, still dramatic, full of characters who are a hoot in both time periods. So nice.
b Only Serious about You 1:
When is volume 2 coming out? I don't know that I've ever come across a series that moves so slowly and deliberately and with such tenderness, affection, and lack of sentimentality. There's a relationship here, and I'm really looking forward to finding out how things work themselves out in the last volume.
b Real 10: I love how unhurried this series is; that's one of the things that allows it to be so real. No fakey rah rah inspirational easy answer crap. Despair and baby steps. I can finally see the light, though, even if he can't. Keep "walking," dude. And other people, keep walking, too.
b Sayonara, Zetsubou-Sensei 7:
More snark and social commentary, brought to you by sensei and his students.
b Skip Beat!
9-11, 21-26: When you get a new volume, you just want to go back and read the rest . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment