Erica Friedman on Ikki: "A fan of Dostoevsky would be comfortable with the level of introspection and conflict in this magazine."
Yasuhiro Imagawa? (Director of G Gundam) in G-Files Extra 12: "I suppose some people watch the show seriously, but I am trying to be as thoroughly ridiculous as possible when I believe I should be."
Connie on Ai Ore!: "What’s great about both sides of this hilariously overblown dispute is that MIZUKI COULD JUST LIE. She could lie and say she broke up with Akira, and then every single Joe on the street at St. Nobara could go on with their lives. But then it wouldn’t be a shoujo manga. Why should Mizuki have to lie about what’s in her heart? And lying’s wrong, anyway! Better that she should be caged in just her shirt for days.
"And that’s why I have to pick up every single volume of Ai Ore."
Sean Gaffney on Durarara: "Despite all this, however, Durarara!! remains a fun, breezy ride. It’s just a ride filled with sociopaths."
Chronolynx on Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi: "Basically, when he rapes you, it means he’s in love, so much so that he just can’t control himself around you. Because that’s the only way to express love, with sex. It’s not like they could just talk or something, nope. It must be physical."
Chronolynx comment on Sekai-Ichi Hatsukoi: "After thinking about it a while, I think I’ve figured out how it works. Because we the audience know they are the Designated Couple, anything unsavory either party does is moot, because they are Destined To Be (a sort of Shoujo Calvinism)."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment