b Dawn of the Arcana 1-3: Yes, volume three ends about where I would have liked volume 1 to end, but I have been reading a lot of shonen lately, so maybe that's why I feel so frustrated at all the meandering and wasted time and space setting up the main conflict. Where volume three leaves off makes me look forward to its future potential for awesome.
b A Devil and Her Love Song 1-2: "You may be right. Who I am isn't the same as who I want to be. I need to start accepting that." This one is kind of tough to read sometimes but worth it. The author does tend to smack you over the head with references to the title that might make you cringe. The main character has a lot of issues interacting with other human beings, and that's always awkward to see.
As a non-people-person, I often made friends with this kind of misfit because they were usually quite interesting and no one else seemed to want to put forth the effort. There are still some unbelievable extremes in terms of outlying characters, but I think the author's still sort of trying to find her legs, and I suspect this one will be a keeper, too. It has these moments of greatness. One reviewer complained that who she would end up with in the love triangle was a foregone conclusion, but I disagree.
b Itazura Na Kiss
b Kitchen Princess 7: Guess what? There's cooking! Also a former rival becomes a big fan, and I hate the dad even more than ever! What is his problem? He sticks out in this manga like a sore thumb. Yes, lots of stuff is ridiculous, but it is totally understandable. This guy's hatred and behavior do not fall under that category. I am waiting for whatever ridiculous shojo explanation is forthcoming.
b Kekkaishi 31:
b Kieli 6: The Sunlit Garden Where It Began (Part 2):
b Kuro Gane 5 of 5: Hm. This "ending" felt really abrupt but not totally enraging. The journey will go on, but not the books. This was a really odd series with interesting brush-stroke art, a fascinating sort-of steam-punk boy and his dog/wandering ronin storyline, and some great amoral characters.
No comments:
Post a Comment