Is Goong cancelled?! NOOOOOOO!!! Yen, don't do this to me.
b 13th Boy 12:
b Blood+ Kowloon Nights:
b Dogs: Bullets and Carnage 6: No idea where I last left off this story in volume 5. It's been a long time. Pretty quickly, I don't care because we get some of that clear back-story for Heine, and it's about as brutal as I expected. Wow. Don't make deals with the devil in any of his incarnations, dude. Bad things happen. Now Giovanni makes more sense, too. This series is probably still more focused on style than substance, so it's good that the style it has is enough to keep me reading despite the sword-fights, bullets, and extreme carnage that earn this bad boy its M rating.
b Gon 6: In this volume, Gon helps out some baby birds, helps an ancient elephant make it to his final resting place of choice, and climbs a mountain in a howling blizzard just because it's there, and he's a badass little dinosaur who can do anything he sets his mind to. He does other things, and this wordless comic still amuses me to no end. Oh, Gon, I will be sad when you are over with the next volume, but I will re-read you.
b Lizzie Newton: Victorian Mysteries 1:
b Sakura Hime
b Toradora 4: Ah, the pool bits. Hilarious and horrifying in equal measures. We get some insight into the minds of boys during pool classes (and their own body-conscious worries). And I did find out what vale tudo is. You can, too, if you Google it.
b A Zoo in Winter by Jiro Taniguchi: Wow. There is something solid and quiet and calm about his art style in this that somehow prevents any of the drama from seeming like melodrama (even when it sort of is). They get away with lines that would induce eye-rolls because they are serious about this stuff, and they probably did talk like that, and it's all kind of fascinating. And then it just sort of . . .stops. It doesn't really end because that implies some sort of wrap-up of some kind. It just stopped, and I wanted to read more.
"Maybe this place is haunted because there's something mysterious that possesses people in places of creation." 66
"Doing what you love for work. Sounds idyllic!"
"They say you can't do this if you don't love it."
No comments:
Post a Comment