b Gungrave: I think this probably qualifies as MANime. At least until it falls apart at the end. Actually, maybe that's part of the MANime madness? Nah, I blame that part all on the video game. The bits around that are pretty good, though. Lots of violence, so it's not for the weak of stomach. If you really want a deep and intricate plot, it's probably not the one you want to choose. If you want a nice buddy story gone terribly, horribly wrong with lots of action and mayhem and bullets and tears and some really silly names, well, this is an excellent choice.
"Bind your opponent with invisible irons. That's the true way to use power."b Hetalia: Some people (and some governments) maybe take this show/manga too seriously. I mean, any country that actually sanctions another because of a gag comedy that makes fun of all the countries is probably . . . (And they didn't even see the American dub which amps up the offensiveness even more with a cheerful smile and a rude gesture.) In the commentary, they talked about their desire to offend everyone because they don't believe in singling countries out. I would say they have achieved success at this equal-opportunity policy. And frequently hilariousness.
---
"Whatever made me think living was so important?"
---
"A place for people with dreams like you who can still look toward the future with hope."
---
"I love the taste of despair!"
"I say we hit Italy first because they can't drive and are usually drunk!"b Moribito: Am I seriously getting misty-eyed just from hearing that tune play over the menu? Yes, yes I am. Because this show is THAT good.
---
"Their killer technique is profiting from the sidelines." (France)
---
"Waving this white flag is really tiring!" (Italy)
---
"I'll definitely (probably) quit it." (can't remember)
Someday, I will cosplay Balsa. I will need to be able to use my hands and arms enough to do some serious weight-lifting before then. So maybe I will not ever cosplay Balsa, but I would if I had better muscle definition on my arms. Anyway, have I mentioned that I love this show? Because I do. It has action, drama, mystery, fantasy, a dash of romance, amazing animation, good music, a decent plot, and Tanda. Who really needs a hug. Just because. I cry at the end every time. I want to read more of the novels SOOOOOO BAAAAAAAD. Oh, please, Viz, please. PLEASE!
No comments:
Post a Comment