Jason Thompson on Pupa: " . . . it steers the series (I think unintentionally) away from creepy horror towards cheesy gross-out. (Though, I guess sibling cannibalism-incest manga don't often take the high road.) Thumbs reluctantly down, because I wanted it to be awesome."
Sean Gaffney on Demon Love Spell: "Oh boy, another Mayu Shinjo series! I am feeling equal parts eagerness and trepidation, given her past record. Demon Love Spell seems to be made up of shrine maiden, sexy demon, lots of seduction. I suspect I will both enjoy and be repelled by it."
Daryl Surat on Casshan: "The fundamental issue of contention with both that live-action movie and Casshern Sins is that they’re attempting to add emotional resonance to a series that is fundamentally about teaching kids that the way to quell disobedient killer robots is to either extend your arm straight through their chest or leap into the air and chop downward. That works for some people, and for others it REALLY doesn’t."
Bamboo Dong on the Shakugan no Shana movie: "There's also a bad guy with a flying scarf which looks like a strand of toilet paper, and he provides most of the movie's conflict."
Lynzee Lamb on Saikano: "Watching SaiKano is like watching two close friends you care about slowly circle the drain."
Carlo Santos on House of Five Leaves: "Tensions run high as deep-seated guilt and hidden motivations come to light—and somehow, it manages to be an intense, page-turning experience despite there only being one swordfight. Indeed, the characters are complex enough that their personal stories and conflicts are all that's needed to drive the story to its finale."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment