b Aqua 2: Calm and episodic. Peaceful soft sci-fi where a girl who immigrated to a terraformed, water-rich planet trains to be a full-fledged undine (the gondoliers who ferry folks around). Very pleasant and relaxing. If I had better arms, I could cosplay this. : )
b The Betrayal Knows My Name 4:
I am ever more suspicious about the origins of this war. There's just something about what we know the big leader isn't telling us and the way Kanata/Reiga is acting that make me really, really suspicious. And we're still getting crumbs of pieces about our favorite Duras fighting on the side of humans and his past with the person currently incarnated as Yuki. I'm pretty sure Yuki really shouldn't want to remember his last life. Really. Oh, and there are two new folks. One might be trouble. He seems kind of vicious towards Yuki. I hope we find out why before he does something even worse than what he's already tried. I totally need a character chart.
"I wonder why it's invisible when we hurt on the inside."
b Black Butler XI: The real end of the murder mystery. The author knows something is wonky, so he comes back, and they explain everything to him. He leaves, properly terrified, and we see that there are plots within plots and the Queen (or at least her other servants) may not be even vaguely trustworthy as they work towards some other end.
b Bunny Drop 7:
More laid-back family drama. Daikichi hurts his back, and his co-workers, Kouki, and Rin take care of him. His co-workers all tell stories about their own (usually child-related) back problems, which is hilarious. Rin's mom is pregnant again, and the father wants to get married. Rin decides she wants to meet her, and that meeting is interesting. You can really tell she's Daikichi's child by how she handles that whole situation. Also, I have no idea how Rin's mom met this guy, but he's a keeper. So great in this super-awkward situation.
"At the time, I believed that there were plenty of people who could be "mothers," but that I was the only person who could do 'my work.' But by the time I realized that I had those two things completely reversed, you were in a place where I couldn't reach you. I'm so sorry."
No comments:
Post a Comment