Sunday, March 3, 2013

Quotes of March, Part 1

John Scalzi: "Any jerk can love a thing. It’s the sharing that makes geekdom awesome."

Jason Thompson on Barefoot Gen: "American G.I.s sleep with Japanese prostitutes (Nakazawa isn't quite as bitter about it as Yoshihiro Tatsumi is) and buy the skulls of the Japanese dead as souvenirs, thus supporting the local economy."

Sean Gaffney: "Devil and Her Love Song 7 its right in the exact middle of the series, and so things are clearly only going to get worse for our heroine."

Bamboo Dong on Shangri-La: "Another series that I'd avoided watching for a couple months was Shangri-La. . .. My main reason for delaying watching this was mostly because I never felt like I was in the right mood to watch a show about a girl with a boomerang."

Carlo Santos on A Certain Magical Index: "A Certain Magical Index is the eccentric professor of action anime: full of bright ideas, fascinating to watch ... and constantly tripping over itself when it tries to get anywhere."

Chris Beveridge on Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom: ". . . she’s gone from a short girl just before her growth spurt to a buxom hourglass of a woman with a real eye on vengeance for wrongs never truly made because both of them were idiots."

No comments: