- b Astral Project 2: Hrm. Dark and serious. Too long since I read volume 1. I couldn't remember anyone's backgrounds. Still pretty compelling, especially once I was up to speed on who they were . . .
- b Gals!
5: Oh, hyper! More Ran-chan, ko-gal goodness, pursuit of justice, and loud, ridiculous, fun. I love this series in whatever form it takes! How a static series of images can manage this much hyper-energy is beyond me.
- b Love Attack
6: Um, did they really rate yet another volume of this graphic novel series with humorously portrayed alcoholic beverage consumption by obvious minors as T (13 up) instead of T+ (16 up)? Yes, yes they did. But it's okay, because there's a message: if you get drunk, you won't get to sleep with your boyfriend/girlfriend because you pass out in a humorous fashion. Seriously?! Come on. Why do I still like this series this much?
- Never Give Up
8: I would very much like the next volume, Tokyopop. Please? Don't make me beg. The art is, frankly, hideous, but the story is all goofy, warm-hearted, shojo goodness. Will their love stand the test of all these ridiculous tests? And is modeling really worth it?!
- b Ooku 3: I adore this manga. It is harsh and beautiful. It captures a lot of the essential Romantic history of Japan. Highly recommended for the more mature manga fan who adores tragedy, subtext, and that kind of serious, literary/historical fantasy that is underrepresented in the US. If you like this one, try Lian Hearn's Tales of the Otori just because they're awesome and have a similar feel.
- b Palette of 12 Secret Colors 4: Soooo cute. Good-natured and loveable. Very pastel in a sort of calm, melancholy way. Is that even possible?
- b Pluto 8: The very ending was a tad irritating, but I still cried. This series is exceptional. Every fan of smart sci-fi should give it a try. At 8 volumes, it's an outstanding shorter series and well worth your time. Well done, Viz. Really well done. I'm sad that there won't be any more, but I'm pleased/content with how it turned out. Sob.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Selections from what I read in April: digest version part 2 of 4ish
Hooray for exercise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment