- b Boys Over Flowers
26-27: The best thing about having to catch up is getting to read two volumes in a row!
- b Hikaru no Go
19: How can I love a manga about go so much and have no real interest in Go? Who cares!
- b June
1: Well, this was way more mature than I thought it would be.
- b Kaze Hikaru
17: Hearts. Lots of hearts. I can't tell you how much I adore this series.
- b One Thousand and One Nights
10 of 11: Oh, dear.
- b Penguin Revolution 3: Sooooo cuuuuuute. I am kind of a huge fan of this author now, I think.
- b Shoulder a Coffin Kuro 2: Wow. Really stunning. Get this: the author actually gives reasons behind things like the glasses and the hat and the black clothes and the coffin and even the talking bat(s). That was surprising given the sort of fable-like tone of the work. Lesser authors would have made those things part of the willing suspension of disbelief. Great production values, great mystery, great choice, Yen!
- b Spiral, Vol. 11
11: Ouch. Seriously. Well, at least now we actually know who the Blade Children are. Kind of.
- b Tsubasa 24-25: I really do need a flow chart . . .
- b Yotsuba&!
8: Here is a great review of this book. It heals my soul. Especially the part where she's pouncing on acorns. Sigh.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Selections from what I read in April: digest version part 3 of 4
No matter how bad things are at work, there is always escapism to ground you in reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment