Okay.
b 20th Century Boys 12: Oh, I love it. Urasawa knows how to keep the suspense going and how to veer off in directions you never expected.
b Clover omnibus: I always have to read it the original way and then backwards. You have to be really careful not to break the spine (or buy it used with the spine pre-broken), but those color plates are amazing. This is such an odd, sad story both artistically gorgeous and gorgeously told. There's more mood and atmosphere than actual story, but I don't care because it's so beautiful.
b Crimson Cross: Wow. Great mood and creepy content. Nice art, too.
b Cross Game 1: Well, with that bummer out of the way at the beginning . . . This is such a unique manga being published here in the U.S (being a sports manga and a slow-moving shonen drama). I hope it does well because it is great.
b Gente 2: Sort of low-key, relaxing stories about a bunch of middle aged Italians. What's not to love? As long as you like leisurely pacing and the quirky art, a chapter every so often will do wonders for your blood pressure.
b House of Five Leaves 2: Whoa. Natsume Ono somehow makes even danger, intrigue, and action seem somehow more languid . . . I love it. Who are these people? How did they get together? The more I learn, the more I want to know!
b Library Wars 3: Oh, no! What a crappy cliffhanger! Still digging this fun and quirky series about armed librarians in the not-so-distant future and contemplating the evils of censorship and how easily good intentions can turn into totalitarian oppression. Also romance and action.
b Love*Com 7: Oh, dear. I do love this series. Goofy fun even on the re-reads. Especially on the re-reads, actually.
b Not Love But Delicious Foods Make Me So Happy: Yeah, I already gushed about this one.
b Tsubasa 28 of 28: Well. So. Was that a happy ending? It was definitely a CLAMP ending, anyway. I'll need to marathon this some day, I think, possibly at the same time as xxxHolic.
I read so many books in December that weren't manga, but I also got a manga marathon or two in. That will be part 4, I think.
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment