- b Dengeki Daisy 2: This series is fun. There is a bit of creepy, but I think the heart is good, and it has a pretty fun sense of humor and enough actual background mystery to make me interested in following it through to the end.
- b Eensy Weensy Monster 1: I loved Kare Kano. I like this, too. It's a different twist on the idea of the immature boy being mean to the girl he likes. Shojo pop psychology romantic comedy. Lots of fun. If you haven't heard of it, it's about a rather normal girl who is surrounded by extraordinary friends. There's this one boy who brings out her inner monster, though . . . I wonder what will happen in this two volume gem?
- b NG Life 7: I can't believe the author thought people wouldn't want stories from Pompeii. I adored it. Loleus doesn't get much screen time in the flashbacks, so the story of how he and the Sirix and everyone met was fantastic for me. The stuff in the present was a lot of fun, too. Goofy, stupid fun. Cockroaches and colds. Nice.
- b Rasetsu 5-7: Okay, well, my suspicions are back. Not completely confirmed, but definitely back in the running. And the reunion with a certain character from Yurara? Kind of priceless. I also find it funny that, with finding love on a deadline being literal, Yako is still so careful, deliberate, and clumsy.
- b Seiho Boys' High School 1-2: Hilarious. Also sometimes really touching. See more here.
- b Skyblue Shore 1: Quite promising. A cute and somewhat melancholy drama with some awkward love parallelograms incoming.
- b Wolf God 1: Like it. Interesting. Weird sometimes, but, as other reviewers have mentioned, this other culture is consistent, if nothing else, and it's interesting to get to see how different it is from our own.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Selections from What I Read in December: Digest Version, Part 4 of 4
Yay, the last of the December crop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment