Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What I Watched in February: Digest Version

b Ayashi Ghost Slayers: Hooray for middle aged heroes!  And Crispin Freeman's role in this one is priceless.  Fairly sober and usually melancholy among all the ghost slaying and eating fight scenes.

b Dojin Work: The best part of this series is the extras where two of the voice actors learn about how to make a doujinshi.  One of them is really awful at art; the other is decent.  They're both pretty hilariously out of their element.  It's educational, and I'd highly recommend it to manga readers who think they might like to try making their own but have no experience.  It's entertaining for anyone who's interested in manga.  It's also so chock-full of stock otaku stuff that no one else will get anything out of it at all.

o E's Otherwise: I'm close to asking to have those hours of my life back, but this was nowhere near as awful as Glass Fleet.

b Gakuen Alice: Ah, high octane, hyper fun with a dark undercurrent.  And one of my favorite characters ever: the evil sentient teddy bear with the gleaming eye.  Good times.

b Irresponsible Captain Tylor: Way too much fun, as I said when I was gushing over it earlier.  Another odd Crispin Freeman role here.  This dub's high energy but sounds like it was recorded in a tiled bathroom.  I'm still not sure what I think about Tylor himself, but I lean towards slightly crazed genius most of the time.  He plays a great idiot, though, so it's hard to tell.

b Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I:  I mentioned liking this.  It's great.

No comments: