Brian Hanson in an Answerman column: "Bandai in Japan wanted Bandai in the West to turn Gundam into the Next Big Toy Phase, which meant attempting to sell expensive, intricate model kits and slow, densely plotted shows about death and betrayal to 5-year olds."
Connie at Slightly Biased Manga on Black Bird 9: "I was pretty disappointed, then, when Kyo and Misao spent a good portion of this volume apart because Kyo just loved Misao too much. That’s always a terrible reason for couples to split up, and one that only exists in shoujo manga. I don’t care if you are a demon that’s going to eat your girlfriend. Whatever."
Caleb Dunaway at Otaku USA: "So when I say that the unnamed protagonist of Tatami Galaxy lives university life—with far more of the brutal bits and far less of the rewarding bits—ten times over, you know we're talking about some serious Ninth Circle of Hell material here. Except that I doubt that the Ninth Circle of Hell features a rock-climbing wall made out of breasts."
Carl Kimlinger at ANN on Antique Bakery: "It's a nice place to hang out, made nicer by the universally nice guys who run it, and human enough that you don't really mind that the whole thing is one giant snort-worthy fantasy." "approaches a kind of mild-mannered brilliance"
Sara Kon on Evyione: "You want a plot? Well, as it happens, there is a story. The scenery, dresses, and nudity even help tell it."
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment