b HunterXHunter 15-19: It's easy to get on a roll reading the earlier volumes, but things get super gross in the next arc (the creepy bug arc), and I can't read it at night before I go to bed, which is really the only time I have these days to graze on manga. But when things aren't gross, I still get a huge kick out of the continued adventures of Gon and Killua. An amoral hero and a sociopath best friend. Fun times.
b K-ON! 1:
: Um, I think I want to go watch
Linda, Linda, Linda now.
b Kamisama Kiss
1-3: I am not really happy that this ended up on the YALSA graphic novels list. It's amusing, but the willfully ignorant lovestruck heroine just strikes me as dumb more than anything. I can't really take it seriously, which is why I'm not sure about why it beat out the other graphic novels on the short list . . .
b King of RPGs 2: Dumb, hilarious, and bombastic ending. Way to go, Jason and Victor. I hope that computer never takes over the world. It's evil.
b Masion Ikkoku 14: How can two people who want the same thing and like each other so much manage to mis-communicate so frequently and make each other so miserable?! I'm talking about the manga, not the numerous real-life people this applies to.
b Me & My Brothers
5-10: So this latter half of the series is more of a romance than the sitcom the first half was. It is less creepy than it could have been, and I got a kick out of it in small doses. I think no laws were broken, and I would like to believe that the chosen brother will wait until things are legal. Like I said, the potential for way more creepiness was there, but it was dodged.
b Mistress Fortune:
Frilly Tanemura fun with psychics and a cute cameo by the American editor who worked on most of her books. :)
b My Heavenly Hockey Club
5-8: More stupid fun with the hockey club. The addition of an adviser made me want to kill people, but the absolutely unbelievable "I cannot unsee this ever again Ai Morinaga Moment" made things all better . . . Every time.
No comments:
Post a Comment