b Oresama Teacher 6: Hilariousness continues, and in the end of the volume, the truth is revealed! It's sad, but our heroine is committed to setting things right with the power of her fists. I don't like shallow, airheady protagonists in typical shojo romances, but apparently there is a level of denseness and straightforward stupidity in this comedy (I even hesitate to name it any kind of romance, including romantic comedy) that I just love.
b Pandora Hearts 7: "To move forward is frightening! To stop moving altogether is frightening, too!" and "To know is the greatest joy!" Shivers. Really, I suspect the more we know, the less we'll want to know. Lots of stuff happens in this volume, but it never seems like enough. I want the next volume immediately. This will be one I will regret starting before it ended because these little revelations and plot intricacies might drive me crazy.
b Princess Knight 1-2 of 2:
I had a ton of fun with this one. Zany adventures, swashbuckling action, random character deaths, magic, a guest-appearance by Satan, and not a whole lot of deeply intellectual thinking about gender roles. Trust me; if you go in expecting a fun and disjointed fantasy action adventure romance, you will probably enjoy the ride. If you go in expecting a cogent look at issues of gender in modern (or modern at the time) culture, you will be irritated. Also, there's pirates.
b Saturn Apartments 4:
Saaaad!!!!! Oh, man, subplots are developing, bad things are happening to good people, and the overall mood is still a sort of calm, do-your-best always but with rising doubts. I love this series. It's so different and so good.
b Strawberry Marshmallow 4: This series. Oh, man. Short and hilarious sitcom stuff. Every time I read it, I want to watch the anime again. It's just so goofy and ridiculous, and it makes me grin.
b Twin Spica 9:
9-11: Still sort of quietly awesome. There was an incident of Sudden Unexpected Character Death that kind of floored me but also made me grateful that I waited to read that volume until I had the next one (not that I did it on purpose). The aftermath was tough. One volume to go, and then I can start reading it over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment