Michelle on Moon Child: "Rimsky’s look and style are passed down to Artem, but his must-kill-love-interest-she-is-dangerous traits are passed to Art."
Michael Sinterniklaas on GaoGaiGar: "I like the idea that you can turn a 2% chance into a 150% chance if you have balls of steel. It’s a good life lesson, not necessarily a good math lesson. I loved doing it even though it hurts to scream that much, and I was really psyched about it. Like all good Sunrise shows it starts off one way and ends in tears and blood."
Erin Finnegan on Boogiepop Phantom: "That is to say, I understand the themes of Boogiepop Phantom without being able to follow the finer details of the plot. Watching the commentary track started to clear a few things up. I can't emphasize enough that Boogiepop is a show I trust completely even though it's confusing; there's an internal logic there that's done with an expert hand. I love it when the shows I watch are more clever than I am."
Michael Toole on Sailor Moon: "The franchise's importance to American anime fandom is obvious: its colorful depiction of a team of strong, friendly heroines opened anime up to North American female audiences in a way that no series prior had done. It's safe to say that, without it, our anime fandom would smaller, and would possibly have more beards."
Erin Finnegan on Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine: "If you're
totally transfixed by Fujiko's nipples, you're going to miss some super
sweet font choices in the opening credits."
Connie on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure:
"And more normal still when Cars turns his hand into a cannibalistic
squirrel!. . . It only gets crazier
from here. I didn’t think that was possible, but it does. Jojo casually
hops into a plane to make a getaway (he’s 17 or something, and nothing
suggests he is a pilot). He glances over in mid-flight, only to notice
his shoulder is being devoured by a piranha.. . . Then, the plane
explodes into octopus tentacles. There are good reasons for all of
this.. . . This. This is why I read manga."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment