Thursday, August 30, 2012

Final Quotes of Awesome, August 2012

Melinda Beasi on La Cordo d'Oro: "For while I realize that the story of a teenager prioritizing her feelings for a boy over a personal dream she’s worked her ass off to achieve is probably more realistic than most of us would like to acknowledge, I think it may have finally eclipsed my tolerance for the series’ lack of devotion to its subject. "

Jason Thompson on Hoshin Engi: "It's like Chekov's gun: don't show a snake pit in your manga unless you're prepared to have the hero get thrown in it and survive!!"

Khursten on est em: "I love how Est Em picks stories from the most random of places. It’s as if she saying that no matter what space we occupy, people will always have their stories to tell."

F.J. DeSanto on Cyborg 009: "There's more of a hopefulness in 'Cyborg 009' where the cast takes this awful thing that's happened to them – that they've been abducted and turned into weapons of destruction – and uses it for the exact opposite purpose for what they were intended to do. I think in there, there's a message for these times that it's not always about power but it's about what you do with them."

Melinda Beasi on Tokyo Babylon: "I knew the truth, but I didn’t expect the consequences, if that makes sense."

Brain Vs. Book on Gad Sfortunato: "And I cannot get enough of multiple perspectives on the same event. I love seeing how a single event can impact people in so many different ways. It’s fascinating to me that an afterthought for one person can be lifechangingly significant for another."

No comments: