Jason Thompson on Hoshin Engi: "(Also, if Dakki's evil plan is just to have a good time and bankrupt the country with her expensive lavish parties, won't everyone just rebel or stop paying their taxes and leave? Then again, I guess it's nice to have a villain who doesn't want to just destroy the world for once.)"
Feriket in comments: "Aka, objectify responsibly. People are people before they are objects in fantasy."
Foxy Lady Ayame in comments: "Objectification is part of normal fantasy. Respect should be part of every day life."
Rij in comments: "But it is a fantasy, and as long as I acknowledge the fantasy and do not imagine that it resembles the real world or try to involve actual living people in the fantasy, I don’t think that I’m doing anyone wrong. Every bit of fiction is offensive to someone and if we weren’t allowed to enjoy problematic stuff, our world would be much too boring."
Some Dude Named Evan: "Furthermore, I really enjoy marathoning anime which go for raw emotional manipulation. As such, I love to marathon the Key/Visual Arts adaptations which Kyoto Animation produced back in the day, though, for obvious reasons, not all of them at once. However, I will say that such melodramatic marathons are more enjoyable to me when combined with copious amounts of hard liquor."
Brian Hanson: "Steve makes a Ghost in the Shell pun SO BAD it has put me in a Tachi-coma . . ."
Wednesday, August 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment