Sunday, August 5, 2012

Quotes of August, Part I

Melinda Beasi and Michelle Smith on Moon Child:
"MELINDA: I feel that adolescent mermaid sex is one of those things we’re just better off not really thinking about.
MICHELLE: I cannot help but concur."

Derek Bown on Naruto: "Rather than focus on two muscley men punching each other to death, Naruto had the audacity to focus on preteen children punching each other to death. With magic! And as anyone who has spent an extended amount of time around children can attest, this is an incredibly cathartic experience."

Melinda Beasi on Fullmetal Alchemist: "Though it was published in Square Enix’s Monthly Shonen Gangan, which is aimed at elementary school and teen-aged boys, it is filled with awesome female characters (in appropriately practical clothing) and addresses topics like religion, ethnic genocide, and the nature of humanity, alongside standard shounen themes like loyalty and friendship."

Michael Toole on Sailor Moon: "Now tell me, readers: who's YOUR favorite Sailor Scout? I've long heard that Sailor Mercury, with her expressive eyes and sharp mind was the favorite, but I'm more of a Sailor Venus guy. That's not because I find the character cute, although I kinda like her infectious smile, but because she kills bad guys with a fucking laser. If you have that, who the hell needs the power of love?!"

Erin Finnegan on Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine: "(This is a series for mature audiences where “mature” means you're old.)"

Sean Gaffney on Skip Beat: "As for Kyoko, it seems to finally be dawning on her what her feelings for Ren are, and she’s none too happy about it. That said, things seem to finally be moving forward for those two, so no doubt Vol. 29 will be filled with hideous complications that will screw everything up. Just as we like it."

No comments: