Thursday, February 4, 2010

Rewatching Toward the Terra (again)

The anime club I attend is watching Toward the Terra, and I keep waffling on whether I should stick around for the last hour (when TtT shows) or go home early. It has great rewatch value, but it's hard to watch TtT once you've seen it all the way through. The attrition rate is, um, emotionally taxing when you know the particulars in advance.
Because I am a perverse individual, the sheer difficulty of being introduced to character after character with difficult, painful, and deadly (short) futures ahead, I want to make myself stay. And all the many things I missed or didn't have time to think about the first whirlwind time through are worth seeing again (and again). I think I may just need more emotional distance the next time through.

This is hard, hard, soft sci fi. Ouch.

No comments: