Saturday, February 6, 2010

Selections from what I read in January: digest version

Though busy with job applications, cleaning, planning, and writing, I managed to get some reading done, too.

  • b - 13th Boy 1: Yep, that talking cactus is a keeper.
  • b - All My Darling Daughters: Powerfully connected stories about how mothers and daughters shape and warp each other.
  • b - Animal Academy 3: Didn't see that twist coming.  Poor Fune; neither did she, and I can see her reeling already.  Soooooo cuuuuuuute.
  • b - Baby & Me 17: More total cuteness.
  • b - Black Bird 3: Hmmmm.  (How) Is this going to work out?
  • b - Crimson Hero 12: Man, I wish I could still play volleyball.
  • b - Fujoshi Rumi 1-3: Yeah.  I know people like this.  That makes it even funnier.
  • b - Honey & Clover 6-8: I LOVE THIS SERIES.
  • b - Itazura no Kiss: Keeps moving briskly, and I can see how the romance might happen in a way that won't make me hate myself for liking it.
  • b - Kimi ni Todoke 3: Awwwwwwww.  Friends R awesome!
  • b - Laon 1: Wow.  I like where it could go, even if it's exceedingly creepy about getting there.
  • b - Love*Com 16: Wait, it's over?  Let's hope the wrap-up side story volume is cute, too.
  • b - Mad Love Chase 2:  There is a trend.  This should be 100% dumb and not worth my time.
  • b - Maid Sama 3: There is so no reason this should be as much fun as it is.  
  • b - Nana 21: Oh, dear.  Are you serious?!  That sucks!
  • b - NG Life 4: Yes, S/T, it's like Please Save My Earth only totally, totally NOT.  No alien scientists reincarnated, just victims from Pompeii, and now we find out it might be possible for them not only to not remember their past lives but also to forget them entirely.
  • b - Real 7: Hard to exercise while reading this one because I need tissues.
  • b - Sand Chronicles 7: Oh, dear.  Sort of quietly sad and desperate.
  • b - Shinobi Life 3: There is so no reason this should be as much fun as it is.  I mean, come on.
  • b - Shinobi Life 4: No, really, what was with the art in this book?  Were any two pages to the same specs?  Sheesh.  The clever weaving of past, present, plot, and understandable misunderstandings mean I can't wait for the next volume.
  • b - Tactics 8: I'm lost, but it's not entirely unpleasant.  Watching the anime didn't help me figure out what's going on.
  • b - VB Rose 7: Cute sparklies and spastic love interests too shy to confess
  • b - Whistle 21: This series makes me love soccer.
Now on to more February!

Any questions about or thoughts on any of these titles?

No comments: