"A study done of the happiest countries named Denmark as the world’s happiest country. I believe America was 32nd on that list. And when researchers took a closer look, they realized the key characteristic that made people in Denmark so happy was, and you won’t believe this, they had generally low expectations in life. They were always pleasantly surprised at how things turn out." - Donald Miller
This is kind of my default mode. Which explains why I agree with Erica Friedman's comments below. These are excerpts from a longer post that's worth a read for fans starting to wonder if they're going to burn out.
"I realized why I can enjoy anime when my friend can no longer.. . . Because I have no, or low, expectations."
"It's cartoons. It's comics. This is time-sink entertainment. For *fun*."
"I'm not saying that you should lower your expectations. I'm just saying that I think that I'm still watching anime with pleasure after more than ten years because 1) I avoid all of you, and; 2) I manage *my* expecations. LOL"
Any thoughts on this? Cautions? Dangers?
No comments:
Post a Comment