Today, I discovered that my library has a second graphic novel section. I was kind of thrilled, and I had a librarian help me find the non-YA section. It was, well, to be honest, it was a little anticlimactic, but at least I know they have part of Pluto and Eden and Emma and From Eroica with Love if I want to recommend them to a friend who doesn't play nice enough with books for me to be able to lend them mine. I already have the stuff they classify in this section if I'm interested in it, but there were a few titles I hadn't read in a while, so I checked them out in an effort to boost circulation numbers and hopefully get more (like the last five volumes of Emma). And also to get a huge laugh out of Eroica's ridiculous over-the-top, old-school, ridiculous awesomeness.
I'm also working on a letter to send with some suggestions of what they should add to that section, but first I want to check the catalog to see if it's somewhere else in our system. I'm hoping they pick up a lot of the new SIGIKKI titles, so I can hold them in my hands to read them. Did you know you can suggest/request things for your library to carry? Your tax dollars at work!
Long live public libraries! Check yours out today, and do your part to improve your library's manga circulation statistics. It's almost like a public service. I can't tell you how nice this feels. Experience it for yourself. (Don't forget to reserve missing volumes using your computer.) When they arrive, go on a manga binge legally, for free, and in the comfort of your own home.
No comments:
Post a Comment