Thursday, March 4, 2010

Selections from what I watched in February: digest version

Way busier with job applications and being sick this month, but I still got some entertainment in:
  • b - Burn Notice: Not anime, but it could be.  Way fun.  Glad to see a familiar face from The Pretender getting a chance in the spotlight.
  • o/b - GunXSword: Not a complete train wreck.  Also, I definitely nominate the little Flash extra GunXSword-san as the most disturbing continuing extra in the history of everything I've seen.  It's kind of unbelievable.
  • b - Ninja Nonsense: For fans of Desert Punk, Nerima Daikon Brothers and similar crass and hilariously inappropriate comedies.  You should see this for Sean Schemmel's disturbingly awesome Onsakamaru, but he's "great" in either language.  Also, that ending animation is fantastic.
  • b - Yawara: More, please.  I'd like it if someone would also license the manga.  (I can dream.)
Ponyo's out on DVD now, so if you haven't seen it yet, let it swim its little blood-sucking goldfish adorableness into your eyeballs soon.

What've you been watching lately?

No comments: