- b Gakuen Alice 3, 4, 5, 6: You know, the more I read this, the more I have no idea why anyone would compare it to Fruits Basket. Kodocha? Oh, definitely. Hyper little girl wreaking havoc on those around her? Check. Snotty boss monkey boy as an initial antagonist? Check. However, at no time in Kodocha did said boss monkey boy steal the hyper little girl's panties. I seriously can't believe that happened in the first book. Anyway, it's goofy, hyper fun with a surprising undertone of darkness. It is differently nuanced than the anime, which seems to concentrate a bit more on character development, extending some scenes and adding episodes. The one thing that was totally better in the anime: Bear. That evil eye flash gleam cannot be replicated on paper.
- b Gon 4: Ohhhhhh, I LOVE GON. There are no words, but it is a such an adrenaline rush to read! It would be the perfect children's manga if not for all the law of the jungle stuff that results in, say, the deaths of millions of cute baby turtles! Gon is a baby T-Rex who has adventures with animals. It doesn't make sense, but it is sure enjoyable (except for those poor turtles).
- b High School Debut 9, 10, 11: Awwww. Still.
- b Rasetsu 4: Okay, so my theory about one guy was wrong, and that disappoints me, but he is still mysterious, so that's okay.
- b Venus Capriccio 1: A cute romantic comedy about a tomboy and a beautiful male musical prodigy who are childhood friends. She has no luck with boyfriends, and he only has eyes for her, but it can't be that easy.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Selections from what I've read in March: digest version part 1
I hope to kick the last of this cold from the underworld soon, so I can start reading some more shonen (what I usually read when I exercise, which I can't do when I'm coughing like this)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment