Sunday, August 28, 2011

What I Read in April: Digest Version, 3 of 3


b D. Gray-Man 14: What can I say?  I love its blend of gothic, action, and political adventure.  The art keeps me coming back for more, as does the author's super-quirky sense of humor.

b Gakuen Alice 1111, 2-3: The crazy keeps coming!  I swear I feel hyperactive and ADHD after reading this series.  It's funny that it can maintain its high octane energy even with the super-dark stuff boiling in the background.

b Kekkaishi 25: Oh, the plot thickens!  More political maneuvering, more training, more friendship, more weirdness, more fighting, more scheming, more of everything that makes this series awesome.

b Love*Com 15: Awwwwwww.  I love how this series is still fun even though the couple are dating!  They don't fight nearly as much, but they're growing up, and I'm still willing to stick around for that.

b NG Life 6: The struggles of a reincarnated gladiator continue as he starts to realize that he really does have to let go of the past and live his present life, or he'll keep making himself and those around him miserable.  Did I mention this is a comedy?

b Rasetsu 2, 6: Oh, Rasetsu.  More sugar-fueled exorcist action and some intrguing hints that the story is even darker than you think . . .

b Skip Beat! 10, 23: Ah, how I love thee.  Even when the curse Kyoko's are mostly dormant, this series is full of over-the-top humor and painfully funny romance.

b V.B. Rose 7: Girly girly girly!  Giggles and purses and wedding dresses, and I love it anyway!  Way more fun to read than to live.  Romance and silliness and relationship psychology.  Did I mention the wedding dresses?

b Yurara 2: Trip down memory lane for this one.  It's quite fun re-reading this when I'm also reading Rasetsu, which follows one of these characters later in life.

No comments: