Once again I will ask the question: why don't companies license the novels in the series that come after the part of the property that has already been released here? They would sell more; this seems like an excellent reason to do so. Because Tokyopop didn't do this, I will never get to find out what happens after what was made into Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid. Raaaarg!
This turn of events is especially irksome because I liked this one. You know why?
- Everything from the anime that I really liked is here. The haircut, that amazing sequence when Chidori tracks down Wraith, Melissa's ham-handed but heartfelt attempts at having a serious talk with Sosuke, the new Urzu leader's introduction, Sosuke's horrific confrontation with Gauron who will, I think, not be coming back this time, and much more.
- Everything that annoyed me lots in the anime is NOT here!
- Pointlessly fanservice-y, incestuous spinny killbot girls? Nowhere to be found.
- Random Russian prostitute who impossibly looks like Chidori? Nope, just whiskey and a trash can and manly sulking, I mean, solitude.
- Naked dude and kitten-related trauma? That's the sound of crickets chirping. (Extremely happy crickets. Chirping in extreme joy.)
Well, as refreshing as occasional brutal violence and lots of tension and ill-timed self-discovery and murder can allow.
And so it ends in America. Does Sosuke ever come face-to-face with his soul? Do he and Kaname ever admit they are attracted to each other? Weber's backstory? More with Tessa's creepy brother and his AS killbots? More, please?
Sigh. The sound of crickets chirping indeed . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment