b American Born Chinese: I was really curious how all three of these separate stories were going to come together, and I was a little baffled at how they managed to. Nice, clean art and thought-provoking story.
b Chicago 2: Book of Justice: Don't you hate it when you read something the author just stopped writing? Especially when it's really good? I do . . . Don't worry; this one's so out of print, you'll probably never find it to know what you're missing.
b Chi's Sweet Home 6:
b Children of the Sea 4: Holy Cow, my children. Sometimes gross, sometimes creepy beyond all belief, possessing a sense of wonder and a bizarre aesthetic, this series is always sort of whimsically baffling. Really not like anything else out there. Your mileage will vary . . .
b Color Of Heaven: Once the subject of a MMF, it's been on my list. Finally, it's off my list. I found it fascinating, unique among manhwa brough here in translation. The nature artwork of the backgrounds was my favorite part. Reading the fictionalized history of a couple of women written by their male descendent was intriguing, and I do love encountering other cultures. Should you read it? How tolerant are you of nature as metaphor for woman in olden times? And what about visual metaphors? If you can handle being brained over the head with those, you might enjoy this trilogy.
o Countdown 7 Days 1:
No comments:
Post a Comment