Monday, October 10, 2011

What I watched in June

o Gao-Gai-Gar: Well, that's finally over.  My question the last four discs has been, "Why is this still going on?"  I mean, how many climactic final battles can we have before it ends?  Answer: There's always room for one more!  On a positive note, the theme songs were also passionate and hilarious every time.

b Stellvia: I probably talked enough about this one already.  http://notanotakunao.blogspot.com/2011/06/why-i-love-stellvia.html

b Tsubasa: Sometimes Funimation gets a bit carried away with their "reversioning" for English dubs.  Tsubasa is unfortunately a prime example of this irritating tendency.  If you want to know what's really going on, watch with the subtitles on because the wide difference between the spoken English dialogue and the more literal subtitles is sometimes startling and occasional obscures the actual meaning of what's going on in a way I consider somewhat unforgivable.  Who gives a crap about lip flaps?!  Well, that's what the Japanese dub is for, I guess.

No comments: