- Definitely my favorite by far was "The Light Before We Land" in Gunslinger Girl. That song was just haunting in context.
- "Sore Feet Song" by Ally Kerr was mellow and lovely, and I could not for the life of me figure out if it was sung by a tenor or a true alto.
- "We Were Lovers" by Jean-Jacques Burnel wasn't on their list (they chose the creepy and awesome Gankutsuou ending theme by the same artist), and I know lots of people who hate its French sentimental folk song guts, but I found its melancholy nostalgia perfect in context.
- INTERSTELLA 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem Soundtrack by Daft Punk was also pretty great.
- I'd probably also mention that Paradise Kiss song by Franz Ferdinand, too. It was a hoot.
- "PARANOID ANDROID" by RADIOHEAD from Ergo Proxy was also very nice and wins the award for the song technically in English that I still can't understand at all sometimes.
Saturday, June 30, 2012
Western music in anime
Gia on Anime News Network posted a list of intriguing uses of Western music in anime. She mentioned a couple of my favorites.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment