Jason Thompson on Cromartie High: "Cromartie is not punchline-based humor; it's so-stupid-and-bizarre-you-just-stare-at-it humor."
Zac Bertschy on Madoka Magica 2: "[t]his is already a very fractured thing, like a beautiful woman looking in a broken mirror, something that's using cutesy anime imagery to tell a very dark and emotionally brutal story. The music helps bring that sinister side to the fore very well – particularly the ending theme, which feels much more honest about what the show is than the completely deceptive opening. All this discord is obviously intentional – the show likely would not be as successful as it has been so far without piling on the cognitively dissonant production design . . ."
Anna on Oresama Teacher 9: "And when Mafuyu and Bancho meet up at the end, she asks if he’s depressed he says “Make me feel better. Tell me I’m invincible and cool.” Mafuyu replies “You’re very strong…so your punches hurt a lot.” The power of juvenile delinquent friendships is so heartwarming!"
Sean Gaffney on Flowers of Evil: "Vertical features the first volume of their new shonen romantic blackmail comedy The Flowers of Evil, and I’m afraid everyone has to buy it, as otherwise the cover image will continue to stare into your soul forever. Into your SOUL. FOREVER."
Connie on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: "The thing about these three Aztec master vampires… I was distracted all the way through this fight because I’m pretty sure these men are naked. I don’t know what to make of that."
Connie on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: "Shockingly, one of the scenes that introduces Cars in Switzerland involves a weak puppy getting run over by a car full of jerks, and somehow, the puppy lives. I’m pretty sure that’s the first time an easy dog slaughter scene wasn’t taken advantage of in a Hirohiko Araki series."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment