From reviews I've read of the series, Baby & Me seems to be a love it or hate it title. I love it. I find it refreshing and fun and sad and funny and incredibly cute (and sometimes surprisingly dark and tender).
It's the story of a boy named Takuya who has to take a lot of responsibility for his much younger brother Minoru after their mother dies. Tales spin off from their family to their friends, random people they encounter, neighbors, co-workers, and anyone else they come across. Slice-of-life mixes with family drama and office/school comedy.
Even when it's making me cry, it just feels sort of pure and almost healing. When I am having a bad week, it's usually Baby & Me (or Honey & Clover) that I really yearn to read. Maybe I just like Ampersands.
Do you have any "comfort food" manga or anime suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment