Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hunger, exercise, manga (Yakitate!! Japan)

Competitive bread-making.  I love every ridiculous minute of it.

I read a couple of volumes of manga during my exercise time (stair machine and stationary bike make this possible), and I have discovered once again why reading Yakitate Japan is so dangerous: it makes you really hungry.  Volume 20 made me crave pork cutlet sandwiches so bad I almost fell off the stair machine.  Mmmm.

Check out page 84 of volume 19.  It strongly reminded me of another post I made about one of the odder things that happens in professional Japanese baseball games.  It's just so . . . appropriate that it's Kawachi.  Again, I nearly fell off the stair machine.

NOTE TO SELF: In future, only read Yakitate Japan on the bike.

Along with getting a culinary education, you can learn important facts like the following:

"You all know that pandas are actually carnivores . . . right?. . .  Moreover, pandas sometimes attack people--they have the second highest rate of zookeeper attacks (in first place is the elephant).

"My goodness, I can't understand why everyone loves such a vicious animal.  If people can love this thing, I'd rather they love me instead."

Yep, very educational.


What manga or anime have you found to be educational as well as entertaining?

No comments: