b 20th Century Boys 22:
b Blue Exorcist 2-6: I like this series a lot. It is excellent to read while exercising. I think my favorite twist is the one that indicates that the one most likely to end up fighting on the enemy's side might not be the twin you'd expect. This is good, solid stuff, and I hope our heroes reconcile with each other for real. It's kind of hard watching them tiptoe around each other and play fooly games in their heads. I wasn't as surprised by the big reversal as I would have been if I hadn't read some reviews, but I was still pleased that they got it out of the way briskly and moved on to the fallout so quickly. Frankly, I prefer watching them work things out to waiting in tension as they grew closer and closer and then found out. This way is better; less lying/deception. It's also harder because they don't have the bonds they might have if they'd known each other longer.
"Do you promise to be true to me in sickness and in health, to love me, to honor me, and help me until death do us part?"b Bunny Drop 6: Oh, Rin. Oh, Kouki. Oh, everybody loses in the romantic relationships game in this volume. Relationships are complicated, and I was pleased to see that a certain amount of import was given to non-romantic relationships. Parent-child, childhood friend, single parent with other single parent, peer friendships, etc.
". . ."
"I may now chew the bride's lips off."
---
"While demons are pleasure-seekers who can only destroy, humans are weak because they walk the middle path. So which will it be for you?"
---
"I hate her! She's talented but just goofs around! She isn't serious! It makes serious people look stupid!"
"Don't be so uptight. People may look frivolous on the outside but still be thoughtful on the inside."
"Well, I'm not going out with Kouki now and don't plan to in the future.. . . But he's someone important to me. If something were to happen, I'd protect him."b Chi's Sweet Home 9: More Chi being adorable! (Shock.) Chi is grounded, but she escapes and tries living the life of a wild cat for a bit with her friend Cocchi. She fails and ends up falling asleep on the road. Short attention span theater. And then, an unexpected twist!
---
"I worry about him because he's such an idiot."
"Yeah. But Kouki always worries about you, too."
"Yeah. Is that weird, even though we're not going out?"
"No, I actually think it's a good thing. But when both of you find good matches, it probably can't stay the same."
"Yeah."
No comments:
Post a Comment