b Library Wars 8:
b Saturn Apartments 5: Things keep moving slowly, but I feel like they're inching towards destruction. Specifically, I fear for Mitsu. Covering for someone else gets him hurt, and helping others continues to be his modus operandi. I always worry for the innocent characters when intrigue swirls around because they don't really know how to protect themselves. In realistic stories, they tend to get hurt.
b Shinobi Life 5:
"No one knows anything at first. We aren't born knowing how to do things. But when you really want to do something, you keep practicing and failing until you acquire the skill you need. There's no shame in not knowing how to do something. The thing that's embarrassing is not devoting yourself to reaching a goal."b Wild Adapter 4-5: Volume 4 is where we meet Anna and learn a bit about Kubota's past and what kind of person he is/was. Volume 5 is still my favorite, as it covers the missing year between volumes 1 and 2 through the eyes of the neighbor kid who helps them connect.
b Yotsuba 11: Yotsuba!!! Oh, the good-natured jolt of energy that is Yotsuba. A new volume always makes me smile, and I try really hard to make it last. I tell myself, "Only one chapter a day!" very sternly, but then I am lucky if I can make it last for two days. For some reason, Yotsuba reminds me of the 3-year-old I know right now. They even both have a stuffed animal with a totally weird name. Delightful!
No comments:
Post a Comment